This past Sunday, I removed all interior cushions and sails, and stored them in the screened in porch at the house. Also, the rudder, Jib sheet and a couple of other items are stored there. I unstepped the mast, secured everything, and hauled her over to The Yacht Barn. Once there, I removed all standing rigging, and took the mast completely off so the deck would be more easily accessible (going to have to replace the core underneath the mast step and starboard).
Yesterday, I tore away the headliner around the mast support over the v-berth bulkhead and inspected where the mast step is bolted through. Not as much damage as anticipated, athough a backing plate is strongly needed – as it is for nearly ALL the deck hardware.