For a larger version of the video, click the arrow in the upper right corner.
We had an amazing time on our trip. We hope you enjoy the video. Some things not included:
- We hiked across Cayo Costa (1 mile one way) to reach the only semi-private shower on the island. Sharon got to wash her hair 🙂
- The morning, before Sharon hooked the giant Tarpon, she caught a small catfish, but we threw it back. The Tarpon taking all the line made that the last of the fishing!
- Our companion boat going north in the ICW (I forget the name now) stuck with us through several bridges. At one point they strayed outside the channel, and went aground. I steered towards them to see what was going on, and the captain said over the VHF “I’m on the ground, man, don’t follow me!”. They managed to get off under their own power, luckily.
- On our sail in the Gulf, south to Boca Grand pass, we were blessed to see a sea turtle swimming close to the boat. That was a treat!
- We spent all of thursday in Pelican Bay and on Cayo Costa. Sharon snorkeled a bunch, while I followed (or towed her) in the Kayak
Hopefully Sharon will remember anything I’ve left out. Thanks for visiting!!